The RACQ Capricorn Helicopter Rescue Service Ltd. (CHRS) is a Community based non-profit, registered charity and Registered Public Company. The Service operates a dedicated aero medical and search and rescue service in the Central Queensland region.
The Service was incorporated in December 1995 and started operations on 26 January 1996.
All rescue services are provided free of charge. The Service operates 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
Volunteering is a great way to make new friends, get out to different events, and help the only Rescue Helicopter Service in Central Queensland.
We have a great team of volunteers who would love you to join them.
Responsibilities can include:
- Selling raffle tickets at Shopping Centers and Events.
- Information displays at various events.
- Helping our supporting organizations during fundraising events. For example, collecting door entry money, serving drinks and food, co-coordinating raffles and cent sales.
- Distribution and collection of donation boxes.
- Assisting in the office with general admin work and promotional mail outs.
- Sausage sizzles
In particular we’re looking for volunteers in Yeppoon, Emu Park, Gladstone, Biloela, Blackwater and Emerald of all ages. Rockhampton volunteers also welcome.
Current Positions Vacant
We’re always on the lookout for new people to join our team though, so if you think you have what it takes, please send in your resume!
Aircrew Employment Opportunities
CHRS currently contracts Australian Helicopters for all of our aircrew requirements. That includes pilots, air crewmen and engineers. For further information on Australian Helicopters and possible employment opportunities please visit the Australian Helicopters website.