RACQ Capricorn Helicopter Rescue Service in need of donations
Posted on July 11th, 2012
RACQ Capricorn Helicopter Rescue Service needs to raise $2 million in 2012 to keep our rescue helicopter up in the air and saving lives. The funds raised go directly to the operating costs of the helicopter.
Keeping our helicopter operating 365 days a year is a very costly exercise. Did you know that one rescue mission costs between $8000 – $10,000 in Aviation fuel? We fly out to Longreach, south-west to Augathella, south to Gladstone and 1770, off the Capricorn Coast and just south of Mackay to St Lawrence. Our missions are varied and include-
- Medical retrievals from vehicle accidents on our Central Queensland highways
- Property and mine-site accident rescue missions
- Sea vessel accident retrievals
- Inter-hospital patient transfers
- Search and Rescue missions
- Tasks in support of Queensland Police Service
- Queensland Fire and Rescue Authority missions
The Operating Cost of the helicopter is $280,000 per month and with rising inflation will escalate even further in 2013.
So please- Central Queenslanders and all of you who would like to assist us, please donate here.
Any donation we receive large or small is always very much appreciated and goes directly to saving lives in Central Queensland!